My Year of Rest and Relaxation by Ottessa Moshfegh regains the top spot on the Los Angeles Times Fiction Hardcover List for the week of August 19, 2018, while Calypso by David Sedaris remains at #1 on the Hardcover Nonfiction List.
A Double Life by Flynn Berry and The Incendiaries by R. O. Kwon are new to Fiction List this week. Debuting on the Nonfiction List are You're on an Airplane by Parker Posey and Girl, Wash Your Face by Rachel Hollis.
Click on any title on the list to place a hold on an item free of charge. You will need to know your library card number and the last four digits of the phone number associated with your card. After placing the hold select the library location to which you want the item sent and we will notify you when it is available for pick up.
Los Angeles Times Best Sellers
1. My Year of Rest and Relaxation by Ottessa Moshfegh
2. The Other Woman by Daniel SIlva
3. Clock Dance by Anne Tyler
4. There There by Tommy Orange
5. A Double Life by Flynn Berry
6. The President is Missing by Bill Clinton and James Patterson
7. The Incendiaries by R. O. Kwon
8. The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas
9. Florida by Lauren Groff
10. The Perfect Couple by Elin Hilderbrand
1. Calypso by David Sedaris
2. The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*ck by Mark Manson
3. Educated by Tara Westover
4. The Russia Hoax by Gregg Jarrett
5. You're on an Airplane by Parker Posey
6. 12 Rules for Life by Jordan B. Peterson
7. The Death of Truth by Michiko Kakutani
8. Girl, Wash Your Face by Rachel Hollis
9. The Book of Joy by Archbishop Desmond Tutu and The Dalai Lama
10. Astrophysics for People in a Hurry by Neil Degrasse Tyson
To find out more about recent arrivals and hot titles, book lists by subject, new books by genre and other reader resources, and what our librarians are reading, please visit LAPL Reads.