We are a city that loves to blend things—
- Korean tacos? Check.
- Film screenings in a cemetery? Check.
- Black magic and rocket science? Weird, but yes, check.
And Season 5 of our LA Made cultural series was no different. We've had Cowboys from Compton, murder, mysteries and makeup with Youtube star Bailey Sarian, Mariachi Arcoiris de Los Angeles, the world's first LGBTQIA mariachi band and an indepth discussion about Paul R. Williams, the first Black member of the American Institute of Architects.
You can check out these and all of our other amazing past performances here.
Then, starting on July 1, 2021, our newest season of LA Made will be coming and we can't wait for you to check out all the great programs we have in store for you.
- Dr. Jose Hernandez, who went from being a child of immigrant, migrant workers to becoming a real-life astronaut
- A sneak peek tour of the new Academy Museum of Motion Pictures which doesn't open to the public until Sept 30
- Menu creation with chef Minh Phan who's latest restaurant Phenakite, was recently awarded the 2021 Restaurant of the Year by the L.A.Times
Plus you can learn about beekeeping, meet a dolphin and whale scientist, see a cooking demonstration with fresh greens, watch a historic Black dance retrospective, tour a NASA flight facility with an aerospace engineer and so much more!
We hope to see you there.
LA Made is a cultural series featuring free music, dance, theater and conversations with local talent from around the city.