Explore L.A. museums and attractions through this exciting partnership between the Los Angeles Public Library and local cultural institutions. Log in to Discover & Go with your Los Angeles Public Library (LAPL) card and reserve free or low-cost passes to participating organizations.
Please Note: Passes for The Skirball Cultural Center will be unavailable through Discover & Go from April 1 - September 6, 2020.
How it Works
This program is open to Los Angeles residents 18 and over with an LAPL card in good standing. To get started:
- Log in to lapl.discoverandgo.net with your library card to browse available passes by date or attraction.
- Make your reservation and print or download your pass shortly before your visit. Note: You cannot cancel your reservation once you have printed or downloaded your pass.
- Bring your printed pass with you. The pass is only valid for the name and date on the pass, and valid photo ID is required.
Keep in Mind:
- You can have up to two reservations at a time.
- You can make reservations up to three months in advance.
- All passes are first come, first served.
- New passes are released at the beginning of each month.
- Passes for the Los Angeles Zoo are limited to select zip codes within the City of Los Angeles.
Frequently Asked Questions
Who can participate?
This program is available to Los Angeles residents 18 and over with an LAPL card in good standing. You must reside within zip codes 90000 - 93599 to be eligible.
How many people can use each pass?
Each institution determines how many people it will admit with a pass. Some are family passes, others are for individuals. Please read the details on the pass carefully.
Can my child reserve a pass?
Passes can only be reserved by an adult 18 and over with a library card in good standing. Student Success cards are not eligible.
How will I receive my pass?
Once you reserve your pass, you must print it out and take it with you on your visit. Some attractions accept mobile passes. Note: You cannot cancel your reservation once you have printed or downloaded your pass.
How many passes can I reserve?
You can have two active reservations at a time.
How far in advance can I reserve passes?
You can reserve a pass up to three months in advance.
When are passes for a new month available?
Passes will be released three months in advance on the first of every month. Please note that passes are in high demand and supplies may be limited.
Is there a waiting list for passes?
No, reservations are first come, first served. If a pass is not available for the attraction or date you want, make a different selection.
What do I need to bring with me the day of the visit?
Please bring the printed pass and a valid photo I.D. The name on the pass and I.D. must match. If the attraction accepts mobile passes your can present the pass on your device.
Can I cancel an active reservation?
Reservations can be cancelled as long as the passes have not been printed or downloaded. To cancel a pass, log in to your Discover & Go account and click on “Cancel Pass.”
I didn’t use the pass for the date I reserved. Can I use it on another date?
No, if you reserve a pass and do not use it or cancel the reservation, the unused pass will count towards your limit. Please note some institutions only allow you to reserve one pass per year.
Is there a mobile version of Discover & Go?
You can access the Discover & Go website and reserve passes on your mobile device; however, not all attractions accept mobile passes. You may still be required to print out a paper pass. Valid photo I.D. is required for both mobile and paper passes.
Why can’t I make a reservation?
There are a few reasons why you may not be able to make a reservation:
- All passes for the attraction are currently reserved. Check back on the first of the month!
- You have two active reservations—the maximum you can have at any given time.
- You’ve already used up your passes for this attraction this year.
I am unable to log in to Discover & Go.
Contact your local Los Angeles Public Library branch to check the status of your account. Only library cards in good standing and within zip codes 90000 - 93599 are eligible.
Where can I find out about other free Museums and Cultural Institutions in the Los Angeles area?
SoCal Museums offers a list of free L.A. area museums. This site is not affiliated with the library or Discover & Go.