U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) is now accepting first-time requests for consideration of deferred action under Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA).
Individuals who presently have DACA may continue to file renewals.
Make an appointment to file for a new DACA Application or DACA Renewal.
USCIS will be raising the fee by more than 80% to apply for naturalization (N-400) on October 2, 2020 to $1,160 (online filing) and $1,170. Make an appointment with a New Americans Immigration Specialist for assistance with your citizenship application.
* September 29, 2020: A court injunction has temporarily suspended the fee increase.
Welcome New Americans! As the second-largest city in the United States, Los Angeles is home to immigrants from more than 140 countries. We are working together with our community partners to bring important information to you about immigration and citizenship.
The library is currently closed, but we are working closely with our community services to help you now.
We value your privacy and your rights as a resident in Los Angeles. All information is confidential and all services are free.
Questions? Call us at 213-228-7390. A library staff member will return your call within 2 working days.
All New Americans service appointments are now over the phone.
- Assistance with N-400s
- Green Card renewals
- Fee waiver completions
- Questions about adjustment of status
- Small Business Telephone Consultation in English or Spanish
- Financial Coaching Virtual Appointment
- DACA Renewal
Enroll in Online Citizenship Classes
- Learn English, civics, and history required to pass the test and become a United States citizen
- All classes are taught in English, with language support in Spanish, Farsi, and Armenian
- Participants must be lawful permanent residents
- After signing up, participants will receive registration and class information via email or text
USCIS materials in Korean, Chinese, Arabic, Tagalog, and Vietnamese can also be found on the USCIS website. Printed study materials from USCIS are only available in English and in Spanish.
We value your privacy and your rights as a resident in Los Angeles. All information is confidential and services in the library are all free. Questions? Call us at 213-228-7390.