Located on Lower Level One (LL1) of the Tom Bradley Wing: Department Map
Materials & Collections
The Business and Economics Department contains 172,000 books, 230 current periodical titles and hundreds of trade and association directories. The Department's resources are particularly popular with small business owners/operators, entrepreneurs, importers/exporters, investors, analysts, industry researchers, job hunters, students, and marketing personnel.
- Electronic Commerce
- International Trade
- Job Hunting
- Office Management
- Personal Finance
- Real Estate
- Small Business
- Word Processing
- Southern California current and historical company directories and annual reports
- Corporate finance and stock information, current and historical
- Small business & entrepreneurship, including resources for business plans, raising money for a business, home-based businesses, forming corporations and partnerships, starting & operating specific businesses (retail, catering, consulting, importing, etc.)
- Southern California transportation industry
- Government documents depository
- Los Angeles city property records on microfiche
- Trade magazines
- Investor's Business Daily (IBD) 1990 - present
- Statistical Reference Index (SRI), a selective guide to American statistical publications from private organizations and state government sources; indexes and microfiche documents 1980 - present
- Historical mail order catalogs: Sears, Spiegel, Montgomery Ward
Online Business Resources
- LA Business Portal: Official city portal site for business in Los Angeles.
- Databases offered by the Los Angeles Public Library
- Business, Company & Consumer Information Web Links selected by the Los Angeles Public Library
- Directory Web Links selected by the Los Angeles Public Library
- Job and Career Web Links selected by the Los Angeles Public Library
- Statistics Web Links selected by the Los Angeles Public Library
- Tax Information Web Links selected by the Los Angeles Public Library
- Research Guides: These guides have been prepared by Business & Economics staff in order to assist you in conducting research on popular topics. A reference librarian can give you more detailed direction.
- Financing New Business Enterprises (PDF Format)
- Jobs, Money, & Small Business portal
- Small Business Research (PDF Format)
The Business and Economics Department has glass-enclosed meeting rooms available for use.
Jobs & Business Opportunities
Employment & Business Opportunities - Job opportunities with the City of Los Angeles and the Los Angeles Public Library.
Current Requests for Proposals/Qualifications:
- Request for Proposals for Exhibition Coordinator Services
- Request for Qualifications: Mental Health and/or Social Services
BEST Friends is the support group for the Business & Economics and Science, Technology & Patents Departments. For membership information, please visit the BEST Friends website or e-mail email@example.com