The Lummis Autograph Collection contains 1,700 autographs collected by Charles Fletcher Lummis when he was the Los Angeles City Librarian (1905- 1910). Lummis sent a specially-designed piece of library stationery to all the leading men (and some) women of the day, asking them to "improve" the page with a saying, drawing, or other inspiring example of their work. If you'd like to view any of these autographs, please make a Rare Books Room appointment.
- Type your search term(s) in one or more of the search boxes.
- Use an ampersand (&) between words if you want each word to be present.
- Use a slash (/) between words to indicate that either word need be present.
- Words without an ampersand (&) or slash (/) between them will search for that exact phrase
- Use an asterisk (*) to truncate your search term(s).