Why Do Scientists Monitor Air Quality?
Humans, animals, and plants all need clean air to live and thrive. Monitoring air quality in your neighborhood identifies areas where pollution is a problem and helps researchers find solutions.
What's in the Kit?
- 1 AirBeam2 air quality sensor
- 1 USB-C charging cord
- 1 Carabiner clip
- 1 WiFi Digital Microscope
- 1 Micro-USB data/charging cable
- 1 10x Magnifying glass
- 1 Observation journal
- 1 Pen
- 1 instructions packet
Next Generation Science Standards (NGSS) Alignment
Reading & Visualizing Data
Hands-On Activity & Other Tools
- An Android device (not included) is required for this kit. This sensor is NOT compatible with the Apple iOS platform.
- Before using the AirBeam2 air quality sensor, make sure the sensor and your Android device are fully charged. When the sensor is not in use, turn it off.
- Internet/Wi-Fi connectivity is required to download and set up the AirCasting app.
- Do not cover the sensor air inlet or exit.
- The AirBeam2 air quality sensor in the kit is water-resistant, not waterproof. Make sure to protect the sensor in the rain by using an umbrella.
- Keep the Android smart device and sensor within 10-20 feet of each other when connected via Bluetooth.
- The AirBeam2 air quality sensor only measures particulate matter, it does not measure gaseous pollutants.
- The AirBeam2 does not measure airborne viruses like the flu or COVID-19.