The Los Angeles Public Library welcomes the opportunity to attend community events and meet Angelenos. The following guidelines help us decide if we can attend:
- Our primary goal is to serve the residents of the City of Los Angeles.
- Our objective is to connect the community with library resources and services.
- LAPL participates in events that align with our mission statement.
- LAPL participates in events that are free and open to the general public.
- In order to properly plan, please submit requests at least 3-4 weeks before the event date.
- Attendance/participation is contingent on staff availability.
- Staff and public safety is the priority. During the COVID-19 pandemic, only events that abide by city and state health measures will be considered.
The Los Angeles Public Library provides free and easy access to information, ideas, books and technology that enrich, educate and empower every individual in our city's diverse communities.– Los Angeles Public Library Mission Statement